Friday, June 7, 2013

Korean new fad diet craze (해독주스)

My mother in law comes over with this disgusting vegetable drink because it is supposed to cleanse my body and help me lose weight. Mind you I had a baby literately 2 months ago and I am breastfeeding. I find it funny because like most of her Korean friends, everything they do is a fad or trend. When one person decides or hears of an idea, the rest of the lemmings follow. This diet consists of cabbage, broccolis, carrots, apples, bananas, and tomatoes (sounds gross already). Once boiled you are to blend all these ingredients and drink them prior to eating, promising your stomach to be full faster, hence eating less. I am sorry I'm sure this craze diet works well with some, but I AM BREASTFEEDING! I am not going to drink something that will cause gas no only to me, but to my little one. Then she tries to convince me that it will detoxify my body, well first of all what is detox? and secondly it's full of fiber so of course you are going to have an increase in bowel. Then it got me thinking, is she so embarrassed of the way I look she looks into these outrageous diets. With all the negativity and her oh so passive aggressive ways, I am surprised I never picked up an eating disorder or tried to commit suicide. I am sure she does these things with all good intentions, but because of her immigrant ways it just comes out bad to the American girl in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment