Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Angry Parent.


After reading a blog of an angry teenager, I started to think back when I was once that age. I grew up in a household where my mother was an over bearing control freak. I understood being grounded during my high school years, but when it went into my twenties, she made my life hell. I grew up going to church not out of my own free will, but to accompany her and look like good children in front of her fake friends. I remember being in my twenties and having to be home by 11pm or having her call my friend’s parents because I was no where to be found. After getting married and moving way out of town the only feeling I have toward her is pure resentment. She gets upset that I do not call her on holidays or her birthday, but I have no desire to maintain a relationship with her. I know my mother is mentally not stable, but she is extremely toxic and that is something I do not need in my life.  I see parents all the time just screaming at their children, but never listening to their side of the story. Even if my child has done wrong, they still deserve the right to a fair mommy trial. I don’t ever want to become like my mother. When I pass one day I want my children to cry because they loved me and will miss me, not be sad because they were never able to have the relationship they wish they would liked to have had. 

No comments:

Post a Comment